Sleep Scholar is a moderated and independent blog for Sleep Professionals.
Sleep Scholar was established as a clinical and educational resource for RPSGTs, Sleep Center Managers, Sleep Technicians, Dentists, Physicians, and associated Sleep Professionals.
Its goals are:
1. Inform you about research and reports in sleep medicine and sleep industry-related projects.
2. Interpret the significance of relevant research within the sub-specialty of current sleep medicine
3. Suggest areas within the field of sleep medicine that need more input by identifying gaps in knowledge, the treatment of sleep apnea, and other related sleep disorders
4. Translate findings from related sleep medicine endeavors (publishing outside, online business, user trends)
- Alan Hickey Publisher of Sleep Diagnosis and Therapy Journal. The Journal is a clinical and technical publication, we also assist healthcare organizations in effectively reaching their target audiences through the development of customized, innovative marketing campaigns across the full spectrum of media platforms. The organizations we work with have successfully grown their revenue and sales over a short period of time. We are successful because our partners have significant experience supporting the unique needs of health care organizations coupled with our technology background in design and development.
- Marietta Bibbs RPSGT has worked in sleep disorders since 1975, starting her career at Baylor College of Medicine and the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX. She is currently the manager of Sleep and Neurodiagnostics at Morton Plant Mease Healthcare. Marietta is past president of the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists and has also served as Chair of Exam Development and Chair of Educational Advisory Committee. She has been actively involved in training and educating numerous sleep technologists throughout her career and continues to focus on continuing education through conference management and coordination.