Governors nationwide have begun issuing proclamations to bring awareness to sleep apnea. In just the last several months, twelve United States Governors have issued Sleep Apnea Awareness Proclamations following the passing of Helen Marie Bousquet in a Methuen, Massachusetts hospital. Her website is www.helenbousquet.com. The loss has caused an outpouring of support from politicians nationwide.
All fifty governors have been approached to issue Sleep Apnea Proclamations, and proclamations have been issued by:
• Governor Dr. John Kitzhaber of Oregon;
• Govenor Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire;
• Governor Pat Quinn of Illinois;
• Governor Bill Haslam of Tennessee;
• Governor Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii;
• Governor Paul LePage of Maine;
• Governor Pat McCrory of North Carolina;
• Governor Brian Sandoval of Nevada;
• Governor John Hickenlooper of Colorado;
• Governor Jay Nixon of Missouri; Governor Susana Martinez of New Mexico; and
• Governor Dave Heineman of Nebraska.
Only three Governors have flat out refused to issue proclamations, or any other kind of public support for the campaign to bring attention to the condition. They are: Governor Steve Bullock of Montana; Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts; and Governor Gary Herbert of the state of Utah.
Thirty five requests from the remaining states are awaiting responses, though the Governor of Florida, Rick Scott, has indicated that he intended to become the next state to issue the awareness of the condition
Source: Sacramento Bee
The post Politicians Adding Weight to Sleep Apnea Awareness appeared first on Sleep Diagnosis and Therapy.