Sleep Scholar is a moderated and independent blog for Sleep Professionals.
Sleep Scholar was established as a clinical and educational resource for RPSGTs, Sleep Center Managers, Sleep Technicians, Dentists, Physicians and associated Sleep Professionals.
It’s goals are:
1. Inform you about research and reports in sleep medicine and sleep industry related projects.
2. Interpret the significance of relevant research within the sub-speciality of current sleep medicine
3. Suggest areas within the field of sleep medicine which need more input by identifying gaps in knowledge, the treatment of sleep apnea and other related sleep disorders
4. Translate findings from related sleep medicine endeavors (publishing outside, online business, user trends)
- Randy Clare Senior Editor SleepScholar has worked in all aspects of the sleep diagnostic, therapy and dental sleep medicine arenas. Randy has worked with Integrated Health Technologies on the Silencer Oral Appliance. He Spent time with SensorMedics sleep diagnostic sales team and in the cpap supplies business at Cardinal health and Carefusion.
- Claude Albertario RPSGT is a consultant in the field of sleep disorders. His 25 yrs of management experience in one of New York’s premier sleep diagnostic facilities has given him a tremendous amount of clinical experience to draw on. Claude is in demand as a speaker, author and mentor in the field of sleep diagnostics
- Marietta Bibbs RPSGT has worked in sleep disorders since 1975, starting her career at Baylor College of Medicine and the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX. She is currently manager of Sleep and Neurodiagnostics at Morton Plant Mease Healthcare. Marietta is past president of the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists and has also served as Chair of Exam Development and Chair of Educational Advisory Committee. She has been actively involved in training and educating numerous sleep technologists throughout her career and continues to focus on continuing education through conference management and coordination.
- Joseph Anderson, RPSGT, RPFT, CRT-NPS, RCP is Co-Founder and Director of Education for Priority Health Education and Priority Scoring. Previous recent positions include VP of Sales and Marketing for Sleepmate Technologies as well as Product Management/Testing/Development and Educator for Viasys (Now Care Fusion) Sleep. He has been in the fields of Sleep and Respiratory for more than 27 years. His background includes being a clinician, educator and consultant at such notable institutions as ATI Health Education Center in Miami, Florida; Nova Southeastern University in Ft Lauderdale, Florida; Broward Neurological Institute in Ft Lauderdale, Florida; University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, Cal State Long Beach in Long Beach, California and King Fahad Medical Center in Al Baha, Saudi Arabia.
- Michael L. Gelb has studied breathing related sleep disorders (BRSD), specializing in how they relate to fatigue, focus and pain, and the effects all of these can have on a person’s life. He received his D.D.S. degree from Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery in 1982, and his M.S. degree from SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He is the former Director of the TMJ and Orofacial Pain Program at the NYU College of Dentistry and is also Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral Medicine and Pathology at the NYU College of Dentistry, Division of Basic Science. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Tufts University in Boston. He was awarded Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain in 1995.